For Sale – Restored Historic Buildings – Kenney, TX

2019-10-14T12:33:08-05:00

For Sale Historic Old Country Store and Post Office Building 717 Loop 497 South Kenney, Texas  77452 The community of Kenney was established in 1880's when the Santa Fe Railroad and Post Office were placed in the community.  The community was originally named Thompson after its first Post Master in the community.  Later in 1884 renamed to Kenneyville and finally in 1892 officially became Kenney, Texas. In 1987, the current owner purchased the Old Country Store and was restored in 1995 to its present condition.  All electrical was re-wired and new plumbing also was installed at that time.  The exterior of the building was wrapped in a new metal and the interior walls were re-studded with 2x4's and new installation was placed within the walls of the building.  The Country Store and Post Office remained active from 1880 to 1983.  The original Post Office boxes still remain in the Old Country Store. Features and